I have about 20 contacts on my iPhone that is in the wrong group. How can I move them to another group?
You need to use your AddressBook application for that and sync the iPhone again.
There is no Group support but for reading on iOS.
- you can't create groups
you can't move to and from groups
you can only create a contact in a group if a group exists － Windows user can edit your group through iCloud.com/contacts
I had the same problem. I found this page looking or a solution. I wasn't satisfied with the above. So I did the following:
- Email the contacts to yourself (share contact).
- In the contacts app, make sure you are in the proper group (for me, my gmail account with exchange)
- Import the contact. It should be adde to the group you selected in the previous step.
- Now go check the contact is in the correct group, and if so, delete the one in the old group.
I have been using Copytrans Contacts - the difference between this app and I would say most of the rest is that:
- You can use it to add/edit/remove contact groups on your iPhone via your computer
- You can easily move iPhone contacts between groups via drag/drop
ContactMover costs $4.99 and EasyGroup crashes. Though the interface is terrible, HachiContact works and is free. Oh, and it hasn't crashed on me yet.
I've been able to add groups, remove groups, and even move contacts between groups. I still don't understand why this functionality isn't built into the iPhone OS.
The [ContactMover] iPhone app does this. : http://www.immense.net/contactmover/
I am using a free iPhone application to manage groups of contacts. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/easy-group/id461469079?l=fr&ls=1&mt=8