As of about a few weeks ago, I'm finding that I need to often (not always) click on links multiple times before they activate in my web browsers.
- it happens in both Chrome and Safari
- sometimes it's two clicks, sometimes 3, sometimes more
- it's not just web content, but the browser UI as well (switching tabs, closing tabs, etc)
- It's not all the time. Sometimes things work on first click, sometimes they don't. It seems pretty random.
- other software doesn't seem affected
- I haven't added any new plugins to the browsers.
Any theories as to what is going on? Googling seems to indicate that this happened may years ago due to a Flash plugin issue, but I don't have any flash plugins anymore. Anyone else having this issue? Known problem with a recent OSX update?