When I try to update an app, and I go to the 'Updates' page, I Get this error in a dialogue box:
Could not load data from the Apple software update server.
I checked my Internet connection, everything is fine.
Please backup all your data. Example: with Time Machine or similar Software (if you not use Time Machine).
All steps are complete in itself. If any of these works you don't need the other steps.
Step 1: Appstore
Step 2: Using Terminal
Open your Terminal. Choosing from the Finder Menu Go To.. the Option Utilities. Start the Terminal.app
Type or insert the following command in your Terminal and hit Enter.
softwareupdate -i -a
If this not work or you got an error use the following command.
sudo softwareupdate -i -a
Test whether AppStore updates work.
Step 3: The Hard Way
To Reset PRAM, restart the Mac and hold the keys CMD+Option (Alt)+P+R simultaneously during startup. Hold down the keys until you hear the second sound output.
Move the following files to the trash or on your Desktop. Close the AppStore before using the following instructions.
Insert the following Line in the window and press Enter.
Delete the following files (if exists)
Step 4: Use Debug menu
Close App Store with CMD+Q
Open Terminal and insert the following Command:
defaults write com.apple.appstore ShowDebugMenu -bool true
Open App Store and choose from the Debug Menu Show download Folder
Close App Store and move the Download folder to the trash.
Restart your mac (this is important), empty the trash and try if app store works.
A similar experience happened to me a few months back. I fixed it by clearing the Caches folder:
Clearing the Cache folder is perfectly safe.
It could be hosts issues
Make sure your
/etc/hosts file looks like something like this:
## # Host Database # # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry. ## 127.0.0.1 localhost 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost ::1 localhost fe80::1%lo0 localhost
It could be dns issues
Maybe you have inappropriate DNS configured.
I had a similar issue and this resolved the issue in my case. I had this entry in the
I was able to download updates after removing the entry without doing a system restart.
I had the same issue. It transpires that I had moved from Australia to the UK and the apps that were causing the issue were installed when I was in Australia.
To solve the issue I had to logout from my UK AppStore Account and logon using my Australian AppStore account. Once I did this and chose to update the apps it all worked.
Oh, make sure you logout of the old Appstore account and back in with your current region's account when finished.
For me, the command that resolved this was:
sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog
(Found here: https://apple.stackexchange.com/a/221419/238906)