I'm looking for a non-professional tool (open-source or commercial) to manage video collection and perform simple processing:
- import videos and photos (from an SD-card) and parse date from file names
- browse videos and photos by date and manually assigned names or tags
- make video from photos ("slide show" produced by my camera)
- rotate, cut, and trim videos
- probably perform other simple manipulations like changing brightness
Single tool is preferred.
What I've tried so far:
bash + ffmpeg
This works of course but is a bit of pain.
iPhoto + iMovie + QuickTime player
- iPhoto is ok, except that I need separate tool for video processing.
- iMovie is almost ok for video processing, but it sometimes hangs when rotating video, so I'm using QuickTime player for rotating. Also, I was unable to set high fps when making video from photos, but maybe I'm missing something.
- QuickTime player is also almost ok for video processing, but free version doesn't support making video from photos, and I didn't try Pro version yet.
So iPhoto + QuickTime player Pro is likely to be a solution, but I'd like to look at the alternatives before buying anything.