I have my reasons why I use a Win keyboard on a Mac, I'm interested to know how can I change keyboard combinations like: change Ctrl ⌃ vs. Win key, I want on Mac to have Cmd ⌘ functionality on Ctrl ⌃ key and Ctrl ⌃ on Win ... it is possible or does any software exist for that?


You can change Modifier Key Assignment from
System Prefs > Keyboard > Keyboard > Modifier Keys...

enter image description here

  • Thank you, is there any default possibility to setup all combinations like on windows? I mean window switch, tab switch in browsers etc...?
    – Maxi M.
    Aug 8 '16 at 8:20
  • 1
    Not natively. BetterTouchTool & Karabiner are capable of that sort of tweak - but honestly, you'd be far better off in the long run just learning the difference.
    – Tetsujin
    Aug 8 '16 at 8:33

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .