I have read the other articles with a similar issue but they don't have the exact same issue as I do, hence this post. The Wi-Fi on my macbook air keeps dropping intermittently but works perfectly fine on my Windows laptop and Android phones at the same time. I have been having this issue for over 4 months now.
Note: The Wi-Fi bars at the top right corner remain the same but the internet stops working.
Here are the details of my Macbook and router:
- 2011 Macbook Air with OS X El Capitan v 10.11.6
- Router: D-Link model DIR 600M
I have tried the below options but nothing worked:
- Formatting the system
- Upgrading from Yosemite to El Capitan
- Changing the Wi-Fi router from Linksys to Dlink
- Deleting the folder /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and restarting the computer
- Adding 22.214.171.124 to the DNS tab of the Advanced settings in Network Preferences
- Gave the Macbook to the authorized Apple service center in India. They monitored the connectivity on their Wi-Fi network for 48 hours and found no issues
- Contacted my local Wi-Fi network provider but they have no idea either. They only configure the router.
The only thing that works is this:
- Click on the wifi bar icon(at top right corner)
- Click on 'Turn Wi-Fi Off'
- Click on the same wifi bar icon
- Click on 'Turn Wi-Fi On'
Can somebody please help?