So recently I have been facing an issue where I cannot unlock my apple ID.
Here how my process goes:
- Login to my apple ID/icloud from either web or my MBA
- I enter the username and password.
- I get a message saying I need to unlock my account
- Visit iforgot.apple.com to reset password/unlock account
- Enter email
- Asks me either the recovery key (which currently I'm unable to locate) or send a code to trusted device which I DO have access to!
- I have it send a code to a trusted device
- Enter CODE
- Asks me for my current password
- Here where things gets tricky, It tells me my password is incorrect.
I know my password is correct because it wouldn't have prompted me to unlock account. I know this because I learned through trial and error that when you enter wrong password, it says "incorrect password" for step 3.
I have been stuck in this loop for more than 2 weeks now since I returned back from my international trip.
Apple support keeps giving me the run around.
I use lastpass to manage passwords so I know my passwords are correct.
What can I do to recover my account?