I currently have the Dock to the left. In the Displays pane of System Preferences, I have the external display (if present) configured to be on the left side of the main built-in display; and the menu bar on the built-in display.
- when I connect an external display, the Dock jumps to it, separating it from the menu bar.
How can I configure the Dock to stay on the main display with the menu bar?
Some things to keep in mind:
- I prefer the Dock to the left.
- I don't want it on the right, since that would interfere with the disk icons on the desktop.
- I don't want it on the bottom, since I have widescreen displays and that would be wasteful of vertical screen real-estate.
- I can't unusably configure the external display to be on the right side, since it's actually to the left, given the way my desk is setup.
I'm using Mac OS X Lion on a Macbook Pro.