This question already has an answer here:
This happens every few days: I wake up in the morning, try to unlock my phone with Touch ID, and it prompts me for my password. The length and complexity of my password and my drowsiness in the morning make for an unpleasant combination. Why does this keep happening?
- I am using an iPhone 6 (64 GB), running iOS 9.3.2, though this has been an issue for several versions now (at least as far back as 9.3.0).
- It happens regardless of whether or not I charge my phone at night.
- It is not caused by iOS updates, because I always manually update iOS.
- It sometimes happens in the daytime, but seems to be more common after not using my phone for 6+ hours (due to being asleep).
- I have my "Require Passcode" setting set to "Immediately".
- I am using a custom alphanumeric code, not a custom numeric code or a 4-digit numeric code.
- I have Touch ID enabled. Other than when this issue rears its ugly head, it works perfectly.