My MacBook Pro hangs for 5 to 10 seconds intermittently. Basically, when I either click or type, the computer just hangs and then the spinning beachball shows up and it takes about 5 seconds to respond even for the simplest tasks.
Here are the computer specifications:
- Macbook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012
- OS X 10.8.5 - Mountain Lion
- 8 GB RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 512 MB
- 240 GB SSD (same problem occurs with the original 500 GB HDD)
Here is what I tried:
- Reseting PRAM
- Checking the console log for errors. No indication of errors.
- Reinstalling the operating system
- Upgrading to El Capitan. The upgrade "dies" in the middle of the process
- Deleting all caches with Onyx software
- Replacing the hard drive with a brand new SSD
- Checking for bad sectors, disk permissions and SMART status with Disk Utility
- Installing Windows 10 with bootcamp. It actually works perfectly, which makes me think this is a software related issue
Any help would be very much appreciated. I've checked all kinds of forums for a similar problem but no one seems to lead to a solution.