I have about 14GB of space taken-up by photos that aren't there. I've seen the date reset to delete recently deleted photos, however that does not work for me. I do not want to reset my iPhone to fix this problem if I don't have to.
I had the same problem. iOS devices have a delayed delete function. To solve the "phantom photo/video" issue, do the following:
- Delete what you want deleted
- Open Photos app on iOS device.
- Open 'Recently Deleted' folder.
- Delete items from phone permanently.
- (Re)plug phone into laptop and Sync.
The photos/videos size drop to appropriately after I did this.