I use my iPhone to connect to conference calls at work. Frequently I'll need to speak up, with little notice. But it takes me upwards of three seconds to be able to unmute to speak:
- Click home button to bring up lock screen.
- Use fingerprint to unlock phone.
- Hit green bar at the top to get into the current call.
- Hit "Hide" on the keypad if it's up.
- Finally, hit mute button to unmute.
I have Googled around and not found any sort of shortcut here. Even the ear buds lack any sort of unmute feature. My workaround has been to sit there and fiddle with the phone screen for the whole call so it doesn't lock itself.
What can I do to improve this situation?