I am working on finding a resolution, maybe by next week. So far I have discovered this since I have been using this for a long time--simply going to the application title bar and clicking on the name and having a dialog box drop down, changing the name and hitting return. (NO DROP DOWN MENU WITH RENAME IN IT>). It stopped working recently and these are some of the facts:
- It is not an application plist that controls it. This renaming process happens with lots of apps.
- It does not appear to be an error in the system files because I can create a new user and it works.
- It is not a network thing because my wife's system still works while mine on the same network does not.
- It seems that it is somewhere in my user files.
I have sent some files to Apple Care and will know next week if they can tell me what plist or parameters control this so I can fix them..