I want to add an additional key binding for Google Chrome. I want to switch between my Tabs not using (Shift)CtrlTab (really bad finger position) but use ShiftCmd -> or <-

I hope to achieve this using App Shortcuts in Keyboard-Settings. However, I need the "exact name of the menu command" which I don't know. How can I find out the exact menu commands in general and does anybody know the ones for my use case?

  • On my Mac, to switch between tabs in Chrome uses Shift+Option then either the --> or <-- keys. What does that combination do for you?
    – fsb
    Jun 16, 2016 at 13:47
  • @fbara: What do you mean by Option?
    – nik
    Jun 16, 2016 at 13:49
  • It's the key to the left of Command. It might have 'alt' on it. (I can't add the keyboard glyphs in the Comments section)
    – fsb
    Jun 16, 2016 at 13:53
  • @fbara: Actually Shift + alt and arrow keys would be okay for me. But in my Chrome it does not do anything. Do you use some special version?
    – nik
    Jun 16, 2016 at 14:02
  • I'm using Version 52.0.2743.41 beta (64-bit). However, the Chrome site indicates this combination should work with any version. If it doesn't work, try reinstalling Chrome. Maybe some other application took this combination from Chrome so reinstalling should help. If this works, let me know and I'll add it as an answer to help others.
    – fsb
    Jun 16, 2016 at 14:05

1 Answer 1


You can use CmdAlt> and CmdAlt< to navigate between the tabs.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .