I like using the default terminal application, but as I use both Ubuntu and OS X a lot I want to make them behave and look the same. How can I change the Mac terminal to make as identical as possible to the Ubuntu terminal?
edit: A similar post Can I make my Mac OS X Terminal color items according to syntax, like the Ubuntu terminal? does not answer my question for the following reasons:
- It does not tell me what background color Ubuntu uses or if the colors given are the default colors that Ubuntu uses.
- Gives me a multi line command prompt (I really prefer the single line prompt)
- It talks about syntax highlighting I am interested in other changes as well such as copying and pasting behavior.
- Does not properly explain how
export PS1="\n$C_LIGHTGREEN\u$C_DARKGRAY@$C_BLUE\h $C_DARKGRAY: $C_LIGHTYELLOW\w\n$C_DARKGRAY\$$C_DEFAULTfunctions.
- From what I can tell in changes the prompt so that newline is light green, user appears next in dark gray and blue(?), host name appears in darkgrey, something else is light yellow(?), current working directory is darkgray and a newline is made (?) $(or # for root) is a default color.
- Looking at this website asnwers a bit of my question.