I do a lot of writing on iOS: mostly email (in Outlook for iOS) and plaintext drafts (in Ulysses) using an iPad Pro with a keyboard. My writing style happens to include:
- Lots of bulleted lists
- Seriously, like way too many
- Sometimes even when they may not totally be needed
Here's the problem:
Sometimes, when I type:
...it changes to:
What I've determined - this problem occurs:
- Inconsistently - I can repro it regularly, but not all the time
- After some (variable) amount of additional keystrokes happen - the text appears as typed (an asterisk) at first, then sometimes changes after I add more chars later - sometimes one later, sometimes a bunch later, sometimes not at all.
Putting it together, I'm thinking it's caused by some form of autocorrect in the OS.
- Can anyone confirm if that sounds like the culprit, or how to determine if it is?
- If so, how can I teach autocorrect that I like bullets (and markdown), thank you very much, without just turning AC off entirely, robbing my loved ones of a regular source of humor?