Lately I've been having lots of issues with my Mac randomly freezing. As in, multiple times per week. These are the symptoms:
- My screen freezes completely. The picture stays on screen and my computer doesn't respond to mouse or keyboard input.
- If I have audio playing in the background, sometimes it will keep playing.
- The Force Quit hotkey doesn't seem to do anything.
- The only way out I've found so far is to force my computer off by holding Power.
How do I diagnose and fix the underlying issue?
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
- 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- 27.34 GB free disk space (SSD)
- Running apps when I notice this: Safari, Mail (there are others, but I'm not sure if they're running every time it happens so I didn't include them)
- Activity Monitor screenshot: I can't, because I never know when the system is about to freeze up
As advised in the comments, I've disabled 'Allow WebGL' for now and I'll continue monitoring the situation.