I have a very strange problem with my iPad Air 2.
The problem is that certain apps crash immediately on launch. I tap the icon, the start screen shows and then the app crashes. This does not apply to all apps just a few. I have not been able to find a pattern. Even Apple’s own “Remote” app is one of the apps.
If I launch the exact same apps on my iPhone, iPad Air or my iPad Pro they work just fine. I am logged into the same Apple/iCloud account on all devices.
I have tried the following:
- Launching the apps in airplane mode, with/without wifi and with/without bluetooth active.
- Deleting and re-installing the apps in question.
- Deleting, restarting the iPad and then re-installing the apps.
- Reset all the settings and apps on the device restoring from a backup with iTunes.
- Reset all the settings and apps on the device setting it up as a new device. Afterwards I downloaded the apps to the device and attempted to launch them.
- Downloaded the current iOS version (9.3.1) from the developer’s page (IPSW file) and then alt-clicked restore to select the IPSW and really re-install iOS on the device. Installed it as a new device and then downloaded the apps in question.
All attempts have been fruitless and futile. Otherwise I could mention, that the iPad is a cellular model and has never been jailbroken.
Does anyone have any ideas what I could still do? Or is my only hope visiting an Apple Store nearby?
Thanks kindly for any feedback.
PS: I almost forgot the apps in question have never opened correctly on this specific iPad Air 2. My friend's iPad Air 2 can use the apps without any problems. So it does not seem to be a device-type specific bug.