You can use Restrictions to disable the ability to purchase apps or to install any apps. To turn on Restrictions:
Settings > General.
Enable Restrictions and create a passcode for Restrictions. Don’t forget this passcode. In the future, you'll need your Restrictions passcode to change your settings or to turn off Restrictions.
What you can restrict
If an app or feature is on or if there's a checkmark next to it, anyone using your device can use that app or feature. Otherwise, no one can use that app or feature.
- Apps and features
- Camera (also disables FaceTime)
- iTunes Store
- Apple Music
- Apple Music Radio
- Apple Music Connect (replaces Connect tab with Playlists)
- iBooks Store
- In-App Purchases
- CarPlay (available only with iPhone 5 or later)
- Installing apps
- Deleting apps
- Multiplayer games in Game Center
- Adding Game Center friends
- You can restrict access to YouTube in iOS 5 and earlier.
Types of content
- Music and podcasts
- TV shows
If you don’t use Touch ID for paid and in-app purchases, you can choose between two options for how often you need to enter your password for these purchases.