I want to jump between words in a text editor (e.g. Sublime Text 2). In Windows, I can use Ctrl-Left or Ctrl-Right. What is the shortcut on Mac?

1 Answer 1


I use Sublime Text 2 (version 2.0.2, Build 2221) under OS X 10.8.5 and I move from word to word by pressing the option key and left or right arrow key.



These are the OS X standard shortcuts so most apps that use the standard SDK behave similarly.

  • Works also on OS X 10.11.4 and Sublime Text 2.0.2, tested with Build 2221.
    – Michael S.
    Apr 15, 2016 at 13:10
  • @bmike, Thanks for making it a hyperlink not just an URL! :-) Apr 15, 2016 at 13:19

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .