I am running El Capitan on several computers and would like to be able to use at to run scheduled jobs in the background. Enabling at requires editing /System/Library/LaunchDaemon/com.apple.atrun.plist. Any way I have tried to do this, I have run into a permissions problem: using sudo, logging in as root or trying to change the permissions from the file information panel all result on a permissions error of some sort.
I have tried:
sudo vi /System/Library/LaunchDaemon/com.apple.atrun.plistand not been able to save the edited file.
- Copying to file, editing it and copying back - I am not allowed to copy back using sudo.
- Using Xcode to edited the fiel through a GUI, cannot save.
- using Property List Editor, cannot save, even logged in as root.
- Changing owner, group is not allowed, even using sudo or logged in a root.
- Changing permissions of all the subdirectories in the tree above (System, System/Library, etc.) used sudo, also tried changed disk permissions.
- Run disk utility.
There must be some way of doing this, please advise.