I'm setting up a localhost and everything looks like it should work but whenever I go to site.local it loads the default Apache localhost page (It works!).
Here's a copy of my hosts file:
## ## # Host Database # # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry. ## 127.0.0.1 localhost 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost ::1 localhost fe80::1%1o0 localhost ##### DEV ##### # SITE 127.0.0.1 site.local ::1 www.site.local
and my vhost:
<VirtualHost *:8080> ServerAdmin firstname.lastname@example.org ServerName site.local DocumentRoot "/Users/me/site" ErrorLog "/Applications/MAMP/logs/site.local-error_log" CustomLog "/Applications/MAMP/logs/site.local-access_log" common <Directory "/Users/me/site"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks AllowOverride All </Directory> </VirtualHost>
Things I've done to make sure it isn't a user error:
- uncommented the line in the httpd.conf file to include my vhost file
apachectl configtestto test my file (came back saying syntax OK)
Things to note:
- I use port 8080 and 3307 for Apache and MYSQL
- If I go to site.local:8080 it loads but doesn't render the elements as it should (instead loads the elements of the html in a list format)
- this is off a FRESH install of MAMP
- OS: OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5
- MAMP Version: 3.5
I just don't see what's going wrong... any ideas?
localhost works as it should with port 80. 8080 = the default apache page, but 80 loads the site pages...