Every once in while the keyboard and trackpad completely stop working and I have no way to affect the software. The mouse pointer is left frozen exactly where it was when the problem occurred and nothing on the keyboard works. The only solution I currently have is to push and hold the power key triggering a forced shut-down - implying keyboard funcitonality, but I'm wondering if this bypass is actually separate from the keyboard processing for the reason I am using it.
I really don't know what this is as it's impossible to diagnose with no interaction tools!
- MacBook Pro Retina, 13 inch, Late 2013
- Processor 2.4 intel core i5
- 8gb 1600mhz ddr3
- OSX Yosemite 10.10.2
- typical developer machine: ITerm; Sublime; browsers; FileZilla; Slack; MAMP; Sketch
- frequently have 30 or 40 Chrome tabs open
- ten or so applications in total running at any given time
- rarely restart formally, just sleep, I kind of assumed Macs are good at handling this
There are no obvious signs of overload like sluggish responsiveness.
Is that it's something to do with overheating, there seems a flaw in the design that means it doesn't handle sitting flat very well (work bought us stands for this purpose) though I haven't noticed a correlation between the fan noise, heat and this event yet.