I am trying to print a file (a pdf), without intervention. Not Automator specific, I can deal with applescript or terminal or whatever. The specifics of what I want are:
- Print to specific Printer
- Print to specific Page Size (Non-Standard)
- Auto-Rotated (Optional)
- Scale to Fit, Print Entire Page (Ends up being 109 to 112%. 110% works)
I can do this manually through Preview's print menu, only the page size is non-default, but I want to automate it, drag and drop, somehow.
Things I tried:
- If I print from Finder, it uses Preview, but it's blown out of size, and wrong Page size.
- If I drag it onto the printer in ~/Library/Printers/printername, it's like using LP, but without the options.
- Applescript's printing options are poorly documented.
- Automator's "Print Finder Items" it's like #1.
- Automator's "Print Images" is like Preview but "Scale to Fit" does not work like Preview does, I can't choose the page size, and "Auto-Rotate" doesn't work at all.
- If I print from terminal via LP or LPR, I can set page size and orientation/fit-to-page, but I can't scale it to 110%. This is the closest thing to what I want.
How can I do this? It shouldn't be so hard, I want to do what the GUI can, not like I want extra features.
Worst case, how can I emulate mouse or keyboard control of Preview's print menu? All that would be needed is to 1. open file, 2. Bring up print menu, 3. switch to a preset or page size, as all the other options including scaling are default., 4. press print/enter.