- Open a Finder window (either via an 'open/upload file' in another application or directly)
- select a folder with one click
- hit 'Enter' to change the name
- Use 'Command+Delete' to remove the entire line of text
- The folder will be removed completely
Is there a way to prevent the removal of the file/folder from happening when trying to rename a file/folder?
I am OK with removing/preventing the shortcut to delete files altogether anywhere in the OS.
I'm running Yosemite, but also exists in El Capitan and likely before as well.