I think that I want to ask
- How do I reload an OS X
But damnit Jim ; I'm a software engineer not a sysadmin
- I want Jenkins started as a Daemon on El Capitan
- I want to use "UserWhoHasARealAccount" on OS X
- For this I should be using a launch-daemon
- all /Library/LaunchDaemons/ are started as root
- While they can substitute-user with User to become not-root they still retain root's environment.
- process won't have the full PATH (et al) that I setup
whichcan work around this but ...
- sub processes don't get the PATH I setup for the user
which whatever-i-wantdoesn't help when Node.JS tries to run a subprocess and compile my blog ... unless I for Node.JS to invoke subprocesses via absolute paths on my computer
- the root environment seems to prevent
- so I can't have have "UserWhoHasARealAccount" login to localhost to magically get a real path
- I may be missing something since I can't find any SSH error messages
Since this is a server, logging in and pressing a button won't "do it for me"