Yesterday, my computer developed two worrying problems that occurred simultaneously:
- My computer began to crash at random times (solved, maybe)
- My Wi-Fi turns off frequently and cannot be turned back on (unsolved)
Some useful information that may be of assistance:
- Network is inaccessible
- The Wi-Fi symbol is unfilled (it's really off, not just disconnected)
ifconfigreports that en0 (the Wi-Fi interface) is up, but status is inactive
- The Network tag under System Report... still shows the correct card type and firmware version (AirPort Extreme and Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0, respectively), but the status is Off.
- AirPort Utility is fully updated
- All VPNs (of which there are one) are disabled (by me), and all other network types turned off (by me)
If any further information is needed, please let me know - I'll see what I can do to get it from the computer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I dearly need this laptop for school.
I have worked a bandaid solution of using my cell phone as a Bluetooth NAP device, so I should be able to upload any information that you need.
Resetting both PRAM and SMC did not successfully fix the issue. My computer actually entered an unusable state today, so I'm afraid that no further tests will help, and, at this point, I'm planning to replace the laptop. Any further advice would be appreciated for future use.