I have a 2015 MacBook Pro running El Capitan with the new taptic force touch trackpad thing. Which, I must add, is fantastic!
However, this morning I started it up to discover it would not click/select anything. What is this madness? How do I fix it? How do I stop it happening again?
Things that work:
- Typing with the keyboard.
- Moving the mouse around.
Things that don't work:
- Touch to click (I had enabled that setting)
- Press to click (track pad makes a clicky sound but does nothing)
- Deep press (track pad makes double clicky sound)
- Two finger press (for right click)
- Restarting the Finder
- Restarting my Mac
- Making sure it is pugged in at the wall
- Vigorously tapping the trackpad in frustration
- Using expletive language
Unfortunately, I had no success with the above.
Previously, there were no issues with the trackpad. This mac is relatively new, I cannot think of any installed software that could be causing this issue. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.