My mom has a mac connected via ethernet modem and it outputs a wifi signal by means of the wifi sharing feature in os x.
For the last week (within close proximity to updating to os x 10.11.2), the internet on her mac as well as any devices connected to the network seems to be unreliable. Devices seem to be constantly be battling for the connection. Every few minutes the connection is either working on her mac or the devices connected to the wifi network.
Here is what I have tried thus far:
- PRAM reset (holding command+option+p+r on restart)
- Restarting the computer and restarting internet sharing
- Changing various settings for internet sharing
- Reinstalling the operating system.
- I have now tried swapping out Macs (since we have multiple macs in our house).