I want to change the default save location for Excel files (Office Mac 2016), but cannot find anywhere to do it (unlike Word).
- In Excel, navigate to File|Options|Save.
- Check "Save to Computer by default"
- Enter "Default local file location"
- Save an Excel file in the folder you wish to set as default
- Select "Open" from the File menu
- In the green vertical banner, select "Open"
- Navigate to the folder
- Select and open an Excel file from that folder
The folder will now be the default save location.
This seems clumsy and there may be another way, but it seems this unhelpful opacity is a feature of Office 2016.
You must log in to answer this question.
protected by Community♦ Nov 24 '17 at 0:36
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?