I want to disable the "space+shift" thing in Sublime Text, it creates something that looks exactly like a space unless marked, and it messes upp all my scripts because I always accidentally type it. I was not able to find anything like "space+shift" or "shift+space" inside the sublime-keymap.
On my system I can't reproduce the behavior of Sublime described by the OP. The problem may be related to an interfering third-party app/process.
One possible solution - configuring a new keycode with Karabiner to avoid the problem - is outlined below.
To disable or modify ShiftSpace in Sublime just remap the key combo with Karabiner. Usually you have to define an app in /Applications/Karabiner.app/Contents/Resources/appdef.xml if you want to adjust/modify an app-only shortcut. Since the appdef list already contains Sublime Text you can immediately add a new remapping.
- Download, install and open Karabiner
- Open in the menulet Karabiner -> Preferences
- Open the tab Misc & Uninstall
- Hit the button Open private.xml
- Open the file private.xml with an appropriate editor
Enter the customized keycode
Example (ShiftSpace -> Space):
<?xml version="1.0"?> <root> <item> <name>Enable at only SUBLIMETEXT</name> <item> <name>Shift+Space to Space</name> <identifier>remap.app_sublime_shiftspace2space</identifier> <only>SUBLIMETEXT</only> <autogen>__KeyToKey__ KeyCode::SPACE, MODIFIERFLAG_EITHER_LEFT_OR_RIGHT_SHIFT, KeyCode::SPACE</autogen> </item> </item> </root>
Save the file
- Open in the menulet Karabiner -> Preferences the tab Change Key
- Hit the ReloadXML button
- Enable the Sublime Text remapping. It should be listed at the beginning.