Every time I connect on iTunes Connect (OS X 10.10, Chrome) I have to fill in my password, which is very tiring. Chrome autofills all my passwords, why doesn't it work there? Even with the 'remember me' check
The new login of iTunes Connect uses an AJAX form for signing in but does not use a
<form> tag for it which prevents Chrome from saving the password.
I was so annoyed that I built a tiny Chrome Extension to fix this issue and allow Chrome to save the password.
There is a cross-browser, cross-platform solution. No addons required, but it takes 3 minutes and some html knowledge:
Adding a temporary fake form
Specific instructions here are for Chrome and Firefox (on macOS), but it should be extremely similar for other browsers and other platforms (replace Cmd with Ctrl). Also works with some sites other than App Store Connect.
- Right click the input field (username) and select Inspect or Inspect element.
- Remember or write down the value of
idof that field. Repeat these steps also for the password input field.
- Press Cmd+Shift+C to select any element to replace it with a fake input field.
- Press F2 to edit that element's source.
- Press Cmd+A to select the whole element's source.
- Paste the following instead of the element's source:
<form method=post> <input name=IDENTIFIER> <input type=password name=PASSWORD> <input type=submit> </form>
PASSWORDwith the ones you got from step 2.
- Press Cmd+Enter to apply your changes. You can now close the developer menu.
- Type your username and password into the 2 new input fields that appeared.
- Click Submit. You might get an error or nothing visible might happen.
- Now your browser should offer to save the credentials in a popup or maybe you need to click a key shaped button in the corner of the address bar to get that popup.
Firefox 70.0 or newer
Firefox has now added the option to manually add a login to your built-in password manager (called Firefox Lockwise) which you can find when you type
about:logins to your address bar. Click the Create New Login button at the bottom left. You should put
https://appleid.apple.com as the Website address.