Workflow I'm trying to achieve:
- Export SVG file from Adobe Illustrator to Desktop
- Drag SVG file from Desktop onto Automator Droplet
- Automator runs script (basic summary below)
- Script executes and leaves me with on ICO
My script is:
ROOT=~/Desktop/ TRASH=~/.Trash/ INK=/Applications/Inkscape.app/Contents/Resources/bin/inkscape $INK --export-png $ROOTtest_256.png -w 256 -h 256 $1 $INK --export-png $ROOTtest_128.png -w 128 -h 128 $1 $INK --export-png $ROOTtest_064.png -w 064 -h 064 $1 $INK --export-png $ROOTtest_048.png -w 048 -h 048 $1 $INK --export-png $ROOTtest_040.png -w 040 -h 040 $1 $INK --export-png $ROOTtest_032.png -w 032 -h 032 $1 $INK --export-png $ROOTtest_024.png -w 024 -h 024 $1 $INK --export-png $ROOTtest_016.png -w 016 -h 016 $1 convert $ROOTtest_*.png $ROOTTEST.ico cp $ROOTtest_*.png $1 $TRASH
Summary of script:
- Take SVG (from drag & drop) and export multiple PNGs at specified sizes
- Take multiple PNGs and merge into one ICO
- Send original SVG and PNGs to Trash
Errors / Problems:
- When I test run the script in Automator I get this error:
-: line 12: convert: command not found. However, I can paste
convert ~/Desktop/test_*.png ~/Desktop/Test.icointo Terminal and everything will work fine. Any idea why Automator can't seem to find this command?
- Even though line 12 may not be working properly I would still expect all the lines above it to work however I see no signs of them working. Upon dropping an SVG onto the Automator Droplet I would expect to see 8 PNGs on my Desktop but nothing appears. Even after deleting the last line that moves the PNGs and original SVG to the trash, nothing appears on my desktop.
Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!