While trying Apple Music this summer, I must have switched on the iCloud Music Library functions. I finished using Apple Music, and I would like to get rid of that iCloud Music Library.
I'd like to return to...
- having my music on my Mac
- syncing selected playlists, albums and artists to my iOS devices
- NOT having my music on iCloud at all
I am on OS X 10.11.1 and iTunes 12.3.1 on the Mac and iOS 9.2 on my iPhone and iPad.
How can I accomplish this?
of course, I have googled this, resulting either in
- partial (iOS only),
- outdated (iTunes 12.x seems to have had a switch in Preferences that 12.3. doesn't have) or
- immensely unattractive (restore iTunes Library from TimeMachine - I would have to go back to June, it is November now...)
On my iPhone, I was able to have it show only music that is stored locally on my iPhone.
On my Mac in iTunes, it tells me to log into iCloud regularly. Often, I see duplicate entries in my playlists. When I rip a CD, it will get uploaded to iCloud. Sometimes, I cannot see my music library but the spinning circle with the message "connecting to iCloud".
I don't like this at all, and frankly, I'm quite upset about Apple's policy...