I'm having problems using and SMB share in my local network as a time machine destination.
I followed the tutorials widely available on the internet but in the end when I open the Time Machine app I get the error message:
Can't connect to a current Time Machine backup disk
I followed these steps:
- Created the sparse bundle
- Copied the sparse bundle to the smb share
- Double clicked in the sparse bundle to mount it
- Enabled ownership on the mounted sparse bundle
- Used tmutil to set the Time Machine destination as the mounted sparse bundle
- Opened Time Machine app.
I find this strange because I can perfectly access the sparse bundle via Finder or the terminal, and have write access:
I can't really find anything in the logs in the Console app to determine what is in fact the connection trouble. Can someone please guide me to the answer?
I'm using OSX 10.11 El Capitan.