My home wifi network is password protected, as it should be. My neighbor's is not. Because I have password protected my network, my computer continually joins my neighbors instead of mine. I have moved my network to the top of the list of the "preferred" wireless networks, but if my network is down for whatever reason my computer just re-joins the neighbor's network. I don't want to join my neighbor's network, ever. Is there a way to make it so that my computer will never join a particular network, i.e. "blacklist" it?
Remove it from the list of "Preferred Networks" and it will stop auto-connecting.
- Go to "System Preferences" > "Networks" prefpane.
- Choose "AirPort" (or "WiFi" on Lion) on the left.
- Click the "Advanced" button.
- In the resulting sheet, choose the "AirPort" (or "WiFi") tab. (It should be the leftmost.)
- Select your neighbor's wifi network in the list and hit the "-" (minus) button.
- Live with joy at never [auto-]connecting there again!
You must log in to answer this question.
protected by Community♦ Apr 15 '16 at 16:03
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?