I started to download the El Capitan upgrade, but then I shut down my computer. The day after I wanted to continue the download but in App Store it shows "Waiting..." and doesn't do anything. Also when I go to the updates section, it shows the button "Download" but it's inactive. Maybe someone can help me? I tried to find the download file in some directory to delete it and start over but I couldn't find it.
I've found the solution:
- Close the "App Store" App
- Open "Terminal"
defaults write com.apple.appstore ShowDebugMenu -bool true
- Open the "App Store" app
- Now you have in the menu-item "Debug" - open it - and open "Show Download Folder"
- Delete all files and folders in the folder "com.apple.appstore"
- Close the "App Store" app
- Restart the Mac
- Clean the trash bin
- Open the "App Store" app an repeat the download.
Now the download should work!
If you want to hide the debug-menu again just enter in Terminal:
defaults write com.apple.appstore ShowDebugMenu -bool false