My old 2008 Macbook's iSight microphone is acting up but only under OSX. In bootcamp running Windows XP, it's fine!
The problem is a high pitched sound, very reminiscent of old radios with the pitch going up and down.
- It happens regardless of the app I use
- Rebooting OSX did not make a difference.
- Adjusting the mic volume does not help.
- Turning ambient noise reduction off does not help.
- CPU is idle and fans at 3200rpms, same as Windows XP
- I've not changed any audio settings or loaded any audio software
- It's happening while using headphones so it's not a feedback loop
Windows XP does NOT have this high pitched noise, just the normal background noise and it is usable.
PS: Not that I think it's relevant but I'm running Snow Leopard.