Set up a new iCloud account for someone and I am not seeing the option to set up an @icloud.com address and use the free email service. Does anyone know if this is still possible and how to go about doing this?
The steps seem strange, but first you must create your appleid using a non Apple address (note that if you already have an @icloud, @mac, or @me email address that email address is already an Apple ID)
Once your Apple ID has been created, on the device go to Settings > iCloud and flip the mail switch on, you will be prompted there to create your @icloud.com email address.
Alternatively, you can go to setting and go to mail. From there, add account and choose iCloud. If you choose "create Apple ID" at this screen, for whatever reason, it will allow you to create an "@icloud.com" email.
iCloud accounts are different for different devices. If you are using iPhone, iPad or even an iPod Touch you can use iCloud. iCloud is Apple’s own icloud service which allows you to save all the data which is present on your iPhone on the online cloud. In order to use iCloud service, you will have to create icloud email address (@icloud.com).
Creating a Free iCloud Email Address (@icloud.com) is really a very simple task and it doesn't take much time. Here's how to create @icloud.com email address on an iPhone or iPad device:
- From the Home screen of your device, select Settings option and tap on the iCloud button.
- If you are already logged in with any iCloud account then log out.
- After logged out, select Sign in to your iPhone
- On the screen to enter your Apple ID, select Don't have an Apple ID or forgot it?
- Select Create Apple ID option.
- Now, enter your Birthday, First Name and Last Name.
- Select Get a free iCloud email address
- Now, enter the username which you want to use in your iCloud account.
- To set up an @icloud email address confirm the process by selecting the Create Email Address button.
- Enter a Password and confirm too.
- Now to secure your iCloud account, you must enter a phone number that can receive a text message or phone call
- Enter the verification code you receive via text or phone call
- Finally agree to the Terms and Conditions. That’s it!
- You have just created a free icloud email address. Now enjoy!!
Thus, you can see how simple is to create a free iCloud email address (@icloud.com).