Does anyone know how to improve xcodes memory performance. With iOS9 the mem usage jumps to ~4gb i have a macbook pro i5 2.3 8gb But this damn thing is eating everything! At times it takes 2-3 min to switch between swift files or move to another location in the same file.
If i switch to another program (Chrome, slack or skype) those run perfectly fine.
After some monitoring with Instruments i saw the following (Simulator running)
- After running it for 20min or so the issue also occurs on Instruments
- I have regular spikes of cpu usage of up to 106% (Not to sure how that works)
- I got the iOS 8.4 simulator to see if 9 was specifically causing the issue, issue still persists.
- xcode virtual mem is 5gb
- xcode real mem stays between 500-750mb and has the occasional jump to ~1gb
- xcode compressed mem is ~350mb
- xcode threads climbs to about 32/34 when the issue occurs
Exact issue description
At random intervals(cannot find exact replication steps) xcode will apear to "hang" i am unable to switch between files or scroll on any pane (code, file structure or overview).
Also if I switch to another application while this is happening and switch back xcode will not come into view.
This can occur when xcode or the simulator is not in view.
There doesn't seem to be anything downloading in xcode or on the system.