My MacBook Pro is a late 2013 edition model, running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. Every 15 minutes (the intervals are very regular) it loses connection to my router; pings to the router do not go through, but the WiFi icon does not turn grey. After a minute or so the connection reappears.
I've had this problem for about a year; I guess since the OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 update. I've tried the first solution from here (removing network configuration files) multiple times, it helps for several weeks but then the problem comes back.
- No other device has this problem (two laptops with Windows, Windows phone, Android tablets/phone)
- This problem only happens with the router I have at home.
- The 15 minute interval is given by the laptop – it is very stable but the starting point changes when the laptop goes to and back from sleep.
- There are three-four other WiFi networks with strong signal (all protected, none is at the same channel)
- Network configuration is set to
Automatic, there are two “Unknown” locations
Any ideas what may cause it?