I'm having a problem with the application icon for Jetbrains' RubyMine 7.0 not showing up in the dock.
This used to work just fine before I cloned/renamed the user accounts on my Mac, running Yosemite.
One of my user accounts is able to see the icon in the dock, the other is not. I believe the problem is with the account that was cloned from the original account.
Things I've tried:
- Fixing permissions through diskutility
- Uninstalling application, deleting all ~/Library files for the app and reinstalling.
- `chown -R ~/ (to ensure proper file ownership after account clone/rename)
Help is appreciated.
EDIT: Just to add a few other things:
- Sometimes, for seemingly no reason, the application icon will reappear in the dock. As strange as it sounds, there is no obvious action that causes it to come back. It will certainly disappear shortly after.
- The icon is also missing from application dialogs and from the command+tab switching menu.