I'm hitting the hide button, but it's still showing up in my camera roll. I want to delete some photos from my camera roll, but keep them in my album.
My workflow for this - not using iCloud - is:
- import the photos into an app (I use Lightroom)
- label photos I want to end up on my iPhone with "for-iphone"
- export photos labelled "for-iphone" to a folder of your choice (I use "Pictures/for-iphone")
- in iTunes turn on "Sync Photos" for your iPhone
[note: find "Sync Photos" by plugging in your iPhone, opening iTunes, clicking on the little phone icon to the right of the "Music" dropdown, then clicking Photos in the list below]
- at "Copy photos from:" pick "Choose folder..." and navigate to the "Pictures/for-iphone" folder or your equivalent
- Hit Done
Your photos will be uploaded to your phone independent of the Camera Roll.
Each time you sync any newly-added photos in the for-iphone folder will be added to your phone.
When you select hide option of a specific image or set of images, then it's only hidden from moments, collections and years. But still visible in Albums and camera roll. In iOS any update came so far cannot completely hide images. If you want, you have to install a third party application to hide them.
That third party app is not connected with iOS photos. You just have to transfer your images on iOS photos to third party app and delete them from the iOS photos app.