As per the link quoted below:
- iTunes content & data was spread over 2 folders as versions upgraded, but never consolidated.
Hence, the 'same' separate folders in both:
- Mobile Applications
- Voice Memos
Any way to consolidate them under the newer single path?
- Also, key information & mappings seem to be present in:
iTunes Music Library.xml
- ..\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications: 25.9 GB
- ..\iTunes Media\Voice Memos: 1.3 GB
- ..\iTunes Music\Mobile Applications: 4.4 GB
- ..\iTunes Music\Voice Memos: 237 MB
- ..\iTunes Music\Music: 100 MB
- ..\iTunes Music\Books: 50 MB
- ..\iTunes Music\Podcasts: 5.9 GB
- Start with the
My Musiclibrary on the PC or Mac.
- Inside your
Music library, you should see an iTunes folder and inside that,
- there should be an
iTunes Mediafolder — unless it has been purposely moved. Podcasts are kept in the
iTunes Mediafolder by default.
- (If you have been using iTunes for years or haven’t upgraded to iTunes 9 or a later version, the folder may be called
iTunes Musicinstead of iTunes Media.)
Overlaps/ Duplication between iTunes & Backup
Given that iTunes syncs/ backs up the iPhone (mostly apps) there has to be some overlap/ redundancy between the below mentioned
Backup folder & above mentioned folders.
- ..\Mobile Sync\Backup: 20.8 GB
But so far, duplicate file finders I've run can't find any.
Besides just asking me to delete stuff, what are your thoughts on understanding, consolidating & harmonizing these set of folders, towards decreasing the disk footprint.
This disk tree map was taken using SpaceSniffer and parts of it blurred for privacy. But it shows big chunks of space taken up :