AirDrop works well between iOS and OS X system. Thus you are able to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop. With huge functions, AirDrop enables users to sync contacts, videos, music, password and any other things among Apple devices. As a result, AirDrop is very popular out of other photo transfer apps.
- Launch “Finder” on your Mac. Choose AirDrop on the left pane.
- Select “Contacts Only” or “Everyone” to be discovered according to your needs.
- Go to your iPhone. Launch “Control Center” after swiping up your iPhone.
- Turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. And then choose AirDrop to select “Contacts only” or “Everyone” on your iPhone.
- Go back to your Mac. Drag and drop images to the Finder. Select the name of your iPhone’s.
- You will see the prompt of receiving on your iPhone. Click “Save” to get transferred photos from Mac to iPhone.
You can also choose to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone with AirDrop by using context menu or share sheet. Though the most direct way is to drag and drop photos to the devices you want to sync. Moreover, make sure your iPhone and Mac connect the same wireless network.
Or you can choose to use Wireless Transfer app to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone.
If you are tired of using normal way to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone, Wireless Transfer app is a good choice to sync images between two different devices. You can also try when you want to transfer photos from iPhone to computer. Just make sure that your Mac and iOS device has connected the same network before transferring photos.
- Download and install Wireless Transfer app on your iPhone.
- Connect your Mac and iPhone with the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Wireless Transfer app on your iPhone.
- Choose “Receive” icon on the home page. You will see a URL address after that.
- Turn to your Mac. Type and open a web browser with that address.
- Tap “Upload images and videos” button.
- Click “Upload” button to select photos so you can transfer photos from Mac to iPhone.
Viewing of saving transferred photos from Mac to iPhone in a certain folder. You can choose “Upload to album” icon or “Create a new album” to keep them. You are not required to download Wireless Transfer app on your Mac with the address on your iPhone. But if you download and install it on OS X, you can manage pictures more conveniently.