Main symptom: When I reboot I get multiple prompts asking for the "local items" keychain password. Details:
- The password required is my old iCloud password, not my current user account password nor my current iCloud password
- The keychain access program lists "local items" as a keychain until I log in to one with my old password -- after which it changes to "iCloud"
- The option to reset the password for both local items (before entering the PW) and iCloud keychain (after) are both greyed out.
- I cannot stop syncing my iCloud keychain. When I uncheck the box, the box rechecks itself in a second or two.
- to confuse things, I used my iCloud account as my login for the computer briefly
I have looked at several topics to guide me, but none of them have led to a resolution as it seems the problem is always slightly different.
Any help is highly appreciated!