This question already has an answer here:
Sometimes it is necessary to use my mac to install apps being developed on to other people's iOS devices, meaning that it frequently has new iOS devices plugged in. Whenever I plug in a new device 2 things happen that I would like to avoid:
- The Photos app opens, offering an import of their photos. This is obviously a potential privacy issue which I avoid by swiftly quitting the Photos app before it loads (thank goodness it's so slow!)
- iTunes starts up (if it wasn't before) and offers the latest version of iOS (currently 8.4.1). This is pretty unuseful for me 2 reasons:
- I am not going to be updating someone else's device
- Some of our test devices are purposefully kept some versions behind.
I would like to prevent both of the above, and, if possible, still have wi-fi and USB syncing, but that's not required.
I realise this is a fairly common question, but I feel mine differs because:
- I have tried using RCDefaultApp to fix the issue
- I have tried all the options using the Image Capture and iPhotos apps
- Nothing I find seems to cover the iTunes-offering-updates issue
I have had this issue for as long as I can remember, but still have it on the latest version of the 10.11 beta.