This question already has an answer here:
When I search in Finder there are no results.
- There are no results as I am typing, nor after pressing return.
- There is no loading spinner which usually appears at the bottom of the window.
- The loading cursor will sometimes appear, while hovering over the Finder window, after attempting a search.
- Spotlight searches work with no problems.
- On another account, both Finder searches and Spotlight searches work fine.
I rebuilt Spotlight's index for the entire Mac, relaunched Finder, restarted, but there was no change.
I trashed Finder's plist (com.apple.finder.plist) and relauched Finder to no effect.
I reset Spotlight with the "sudo" method in Terminal mentioned here, relaunched Finder but it didn't have any effect.
Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Storage: 1TB SATA Disk
OS X Yosemite 10.10.3
Finder Version 10.10.4