I am using the Boot Camp Assistant to make a bootable USB. However I get either a black screen, or a message saying No bootable device found - Insert one and press any key
My USB used to work for Linux and Windows previously, so it shouldn't be a hardware related issue.
I have tried the following:
- I repaired every disk I possibly could.
- I tried pluging it into a different port (that resolved a linux installation problem I had earlier)
- I tried using the dd command instead of using bootcamp like this:
sudo dd if=/path/to/windows.iso of=/dev/rdisk1 bs=1m
- Booting the disk from Option menu (That causes the black screen)
- Using rEFInd to boot into Legacy OS. That causes the message.
- Using rEFInd to boot into the USB disk. That causes the black screen.
Later I will post
diskutil list and other outputs on request.
Cannot detect bootable USB was a previous problem I had that I fixed. In this problem, the USB got detected, but it showed a black screen. The steps I used to resolve the previous problem do not work here.