I have iPhone 3GS jailbroken running some version of iOS4.
With the latest iTunes version 12.2.1 (and the previous one I had installed), the device is not recognized as plugged in. Windows sees the device just fine.
- I've tried restarting the device.
- I've tried restarting the computer.
- I've updated to latest iTunes.
- Bonjour and the "Apple Mobile Device Service" (sp?) are running.
Is it not recognized because it's jailbroken? Or are there other things I can try before restoring to non-jailbroken version?
- Tried clean reinstall of iTunes 10.7 and 9.2.1 (edit 3: and 8.2.1)
- Tried different USB port
Still no luck. Windows sees the device, but iTunes does not.
- Tried different cable
- Tried on a different PC
- Tried on a different Mac